Parallelism with Tar and Make - JaxLUG
Slides from a Parallelism With Tar and Make Presentation at JaxLUG on 2018/10/18 by Travis Phillips.
- Tar and Make single-threaded default behavior.
- Using Tar and Make multi-threaded.
- External multi-threaded compression programs such as pigz, pbzip2, and pxz.
- Benchmarks showing performance differences with GZIP, BZIP, and LZMA across various levels, multi and single threaded.
- Benchmarks showing performance differences building NMAP or John The Ripper Jumbo with Make in multi and single threaded mode.